As mentioned yesterday, I’ve been thinking a lot about the adventures I truly want to pursue before I turn 30. It’s not that 30 represents an endpoint to me or that I feel I have to cling to my 20s (okay…maybe a little) but I’ve spent enough time dreaming small and talking smaller – it’s time for bold pronouncements and big ideas.
30 Before 30: Travel
1. Visit Alaska and take a whale-watching cruise with my Mom.
2. A trip to Hawaii with the girls – perhaps a mini-Macon reunion?
3. Travel abroad with my little sister, just the two of us.
4. Visit all of the presidential libraries I haven’t been to yet – Nixon, Reagan, Hoover, Truman, Eisenhower, Johnson, Carter, Ford, FDR
5. Italy with my best friend – she can teach me all about the mosaics and friezes and I can order all the wine.
6. Take a cruise. I’ve never taken a cruise and I want to do so badly. Preferably something that involves Moscow. I love the idea of being on a boat along the Russian shore. I am also very strange.
7. Travel in a hot air balloon.
8. Take a week off of work and canoe or kayak the entire 5-day bateau trip, from Lynchburg to Richmond.
9. Splurge on an expensive weekend getaway for myself. First-class the entire way – no discount bus tickets or cheap hostels or street food.
10. Visit Disneyworld/land! My family took a family vacation there without me once – they claim it was their best family trip ever. I’m still working through that pain…